New Enrolments

Gathering Information

  • Look at our website
  • Read our ERO report. This can be found on
  • Find out whether you are in zone or out of zone. The zone can be found on . Our roll is made up of in zone and out of zone children.

Visit the School

  • Ring our school office to make a time to meet our Principal and have a look around our school. You can ask any questions you have and see our learning spaces in action.


  • If you would like to enrol your child at Puketaha School and live in zone, you will need to fill out an enrolment form and bring it back to the office. This should be accompanied by a Birth Certificate or residency permit, an immunisation certificate and proof of residence.
  • Out of zone students who wish to enrol will be part of a ballot process as defined by the Ministry of Education. A ballot form must be completed and sent to the school prior to the closing date.  A letter will be sent confirming a place at Puketaha once this process has been completed. Contact the school for closing dates for the ballot.

Transitioning to School

  • A pack of information will be sent out to you when enrolment has been confirmed. This also has the dates of our Transition to School (T2S) programme.

New Entrant Information